Joint Mathematics Meetings Invited Addresses
Current as of Thursday, January 15, 2009 00:44:15
Joint Mathematics Meetings
Washington, DC, January 5-8, 2009 (Monday - Thursday)
Bernard Russo, AMS firstname.lastname@example.org
James J Tattersall, MAA email@example.com
Links to abstracts will be available approximately one
week (for sectional meetings) to four weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- Douglas N. Arnold, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Stability, Consistency, and Convergence: Modern Variations on a Classical Theme. (AMS-MAA)
- Maryam Mirzakhani, Princeton University, Geometry of surfaces, laminations, and dynamics over the moduli space of Riemann surfaces. (AMS-MAA)
- Steven Strogatz, Cornell University, The story of a mathematical friendship. (AMS-MAA-SIAM Gerald and Judith Porter Public Lecture)
- Luis A. Caffarelli, University of Texas at Austin, Non linear problems involving integral diffusions.
- Percy Deift, Courant Institute-New York University, Integrable systems: A Modern View. (AMS Josiah Willard Gibbs Lecture)
- Mikhail Khovanov, Columbia University, Categorification of quantum groups and link invariants.
- Gregory Margulis, Yale University, Homogeneous dynamics and number theory I. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture I)
- Gregory Margulis, Yale University, Homogeneous dynamics and number theory II. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture II)
- Gregory Margulis, Yale University, Homogeneous dynamics and number theory III. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture III)
- Ken Ono, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Unearthing the visions of a master: The web of Ramanujan's mock theta functions.
- Christos Papadimitriou, University of California Berkeley, On Nash, Brouwer, and other nonconstructive proofs.
- James Sethian, University of California, Berkeley, Advances in Advancing Interfaces: Building Semiconductors, Inkjet Plotters, Medical Scanners, and Robotic Devices.
Invited Addresses of Other Organizations
- Maria Chudnovsky, Columbia University, Perfect graphs---Structure and recognition.
- Nathaniel Dean, Texas State University-San Marcos, Some elementary problems that remain unsolved. (MAA Lecture for Students)
- Ivars Peterson, MAA, Geometreks.
- Daniel N. Rockmore, Dartmouth College, Making Math out of Style.
- Peter Sarnak, Princeton University, Integral Appollonian packings and thin orbits.
- Peter Winkler, Dartmouth College, Stacking Bricks and Stoning Crows.