Importance of Staying in an Official Joint Mathematics Meetings Hotel
The importance of reserving a hotel room at one of the official Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM) hotels cannot be stressed enough. The AMS and the MAA make every effort to keep participants expenses at the meeting, registration fees, and hotel rooms for the meeting as low as possible. They work hard to negotiate the best hotel rates and to make the best use of your registration dollars to keep the meetings affordable. The AMS and MAA encourage all participants to register for the meeting. When anyone pays the registration fee and reserves a room with an official JMM hotel, he or she is helping to support not only the JMM in 2015, but also future meetings.
How to Reserve a Room
Participants are encouraged to register for the JMM in order to reserve hotel rooms at the contracted JMM rates. If a participant needs to reserve a hotel room before they are registered for the JMM, he or she must contact the MMSB at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-321-4267 ext. 4137 or ext. 4144 for further instructions.
Special rates have been negotiated exclusively for this meeting at the following hotels: Grand Hyatt San Antonio (headquarters), San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter, San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, Hilton Palacio del Rio, Hyatt Regency San Antonio, LaQuinta Inn and Suites, Westin Riverwalk, Hotel Contessa, Crockett Hotel, SpringHill Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza, and Red Roof Plus San Antonio Downtown. (See details on these hotels.)
To receive the JMM rates, reservations for these hotels must be made through the Mathematics Meetings Service Bureau (MMSB). The hotels will not be able to accept reservations directly until after December 19, 2014 and at that time, rooms and rates will be based on availability. Any rooms reserved directly with the hotels before December 19, 2014 are subject to rates higher than the JMM rates.
A link to the 2015 JMM housing site will be included at the end of the online registration form. It will also be included in the email confirmation that will be sent for registration for the meeting. If anyone needs to have the link emailed to him or her, please send a request to email@example.com. If anyone cannot reserve a room online, please complete the housing section of the Registration and Housing Form and send it by email to the MMSB at firstname.lastname@example.org or to them by fax at 401-455-4004 before December 17. Sorry, reservations cannot be accepted over the phone
All reservations must be guaranteed by either a credit card or check deposit in an amount equivalent to the first night’s stay. Only a credit card guarantee can be accepted for any reservation made online. If a paper form is used to reserve a room, a credit card or a check may be given for the guarantee. For security reasons, credit card numbers will not be accepted by postal mail, email, or fax. If anyone who is reserving a room by paper form wants to guarantee his or her room by credit card, he or she should call the MMSB at 1-800-321-4267, ext. 4137 or 4144.
We strive to take the appropriate steps required to ensure that no individual with a disability is excluded, denied services, segregated, or otherwise treated differently. If special assistance, auxiliary aids, or other reasonable accommodations to fully participate in this meeting is required, it should be indicated in the appropriate section on the Registration and Housing Form or emailed to the MMSB at email@example.com. Requests for ADA-accessible rooms should also be clearly indicated when making hotel reservations. All requests for special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) must be made allowing enough time for evaluation and appropriate action by the AMS and MAA. Any information obtained about any disability will remain confidential.
- The LaQuinta Inn Suites, Crockett Hotel, SpringHill Suites, and Fairfield Inn & Suites have a 24-hour cancellation policy prior to check-in.
- The Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency San Antonio, Marriott Rivercenter, Marriott Riverwalk, Westin Riverwalk, and Hotel Contessa have a 48-hour cancellation policy prior to check-in.
- The Hilton Palacio del Rio and Red Roof Plus have a 72-hour cancellation policy prior to check-in.
- Check-in at the Hilton Palacio del Rio, Hyatt Regency, LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Westin Riverwalk, Crockett, and Red Roof Inn is 3:00 p.m.
- Check-in at the Grand Hyatt, Marriott Rivercenter, Marriott Riverwalk, Hotel Contessa, SpringHill Suites, and Fairfield Inn & Suites is 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out at the Grand Hyatt, Hotel Contessa, and Red Roof Plus is 11:00 a.m. Check-out at all of the other hotels is noon.
Complimentary Room Drawing
Participants who register and reserve a hotel room by November 3, 2014, will be included in a lottery for complimentary hotel room nights during the meeting. Rooms with multiple occupants will be included. The winners will be notified by phone and/or email prior to December 23, 2014.
An immediate and real-time email confirmation number will be provided for each hotel reservation made online. This confirmation number will provide participants with direct access to edit reservations up to December 17, 2014. After this date, a second email confirmation for the hotel reservation will be sent from the hotel, with the exception of the Hotel Contessa, which will send a second confirmation only if contacted directly. Those who did not receive a confirmation number from their hotels or who have any questions about the reservation process should contact the MMSB at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-321-4267, ext. 4137 or 4144.
Register by the following deadlines to be eligible for:
- Complimentary Room Drawing: November 3
- Badge/Program Mailed: November 18
- Reservations, Changes, and Cancellations through the MMSB: December 17
All of the hotels listed have environmental-friendly programs in place.
- The Hyatt Regency, Hotel Contessa, Crockett, La Quinta Inn & Suites, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and Red Roof Plus offer complimentary wireless in the guest rooms and all public areas, including the lobby.
- The Grand Hyatt offers complimentary wireless in all public areas, and wired or wireless Internet connections in the guest rooms for a daily usage fee of US$14.95 per day.
- The Marriott Rivercenter, Marriott Riverwalk, and Hilton Palacio del Rio offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and public areas and wired or wireless Internet in the guest rooms for a daily usage fee of US$12.95.
- The Westin Riverwalk offers complimentary wireless Internet in all public areas and wireless access in the guest rooms for a daily usage fee of US$13.95.
Looking for a Roommate?
For participants looking for a roommate, an interactive search board is available at http://bboards.jointmathematicsmeetings.org.