Close to 6300 registered! Thanks to all who participated in this meeting. See some AMS Highlights here.
The largest mathematics meeting in the world is coming to Seattle, one of the most vibrant, green, and relaxing cities in the country. The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and the American Mathematical Society (AMS) invite you to join them for the next Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM). This will be the 99th annual winter meeting of MAA and the 122nd annual meeting of AMS. The JMM will again host sessions by the Association for Symbolic Logic (ASL), the Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM), the National Association for Mathematicians (NAM), and the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
What to Expect from this Meeting
- a comprehensive and rich scientific program geared toward mathematicians of all ages and levels of expertise;
- recognition of numerous mathematical achievements through Prize and Award Ceremonies;
- courses such as the AMS Short Course and the MAA Minicourses;
- many activities for undergraduate students including the Graduate School Fair and the Undergraduate Poster Session;
- employment opportunities at the AMS Employment Center;
- the Mathematical Art Exhibition that includes works by artists in various media;
- the Who Wants to Be a Mathematician Competition and the Math Wrangle Competition that showcase the brilliance of some of the nation's best high school math students
- exhibits filled with some of the leading scientific publishers, well-known computer hardware and software manufacturers, companies offering mathematics enrichment products, and professional organizations
Exciting Talks Scheduled
AMS Colloquium Lectures
AMS-MAA-SIAM Porter Lecture
AMS Retiring Presidential Address
AMS Josiah Willard Gibbs Lecture
AWM-AMS Noether Lecture
MAA Lecture for Students
Sponsors Signed To Date - Thank You!
The D. E. Shaw group is a global investment and technology development firm headquartered in New York City.
Elsevier publishes world-class mathematics content, from journals and books to online solutions. Stop by our booth to find how you can access 200,000 journal articles freely and discover our latest books. Collect your voucher for a free massage at the relaxation center and take part in the raffle! Listen as Mike Breen, AMS Public Awareness Officer, speaks with Hannah Foreman about Elsevier's upcoming exhibit at the meeting.
Visit booths 100 and 102 to view new and popular offerings including: Rogawski/Adams Calculus ET and LT 3e, COMAP's For All Practical Purposes 10e, Larose's Discovering Statistics 3e, Moore's The Practice of Statistics for Business and Economics 4e and our LaunchPad online homework product.
With over 25 years of experience developing solutions for technical education, Maplesoft is revolutionizing how STEM-based courses can be brought online using technology that improves student comprehension, retention, and success. Moving a STEM-based course online comes with many challenges. Stop by booth #203 to explore Maplesoft's easy to use solutions. Listen as Mike Breen, AMS Public Awareness Officer, speaks with Louise Krmpotic, Director of Business Development for Maplesoft, about Maplesoft's upcoming exhibit at the meeting.
The American Mathematical Society's MathSciNet® is the most complete and reliable source for your research. MathSciNet contains links to almost 2 million articles, as well as expert reviews, authoritative author profiles, and citation information on articles, books, and journals.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, partners with K-20 institutions & educators to provide educational solutions & services to improve learning outcomes. Pearson serves learners of all ages, employing 41,000 people worldwide.
Whether you're reading exams and theses, annotating scholarly or scientific articles, reviewing proofs, sketching diagrams, figures and formulas, or preparing lecture notes, Sony's Digital Paper is ideal for Mathematicians. See us at Booth 413. Listen, as Mike Breen, AMS Public Awareness Officer, speaks with Daniel Albohn about Sony's upcoming exhibit at the meeting.