Joint Prize Session
In order to showcase the achievements of recipients of the various prizes, the AMS and MAA are co-sponsoring this event at 4:25 pm on Thursday. All participants are invited to attend.
- The AMS, MAA, and SIAM will announce the JPBM Communications Award winner.
- The AMS, MAA, and SIAM will award the Frank and Brennie Morgan Prize for Outstanding Research in Mathematics by an Undergraduate Student.
- The AMS will announce the Levi L. Conant Prize, the Award for Distinguished Public Service, the Chevalley Prize in Lie Theory, the Bôcher Memorial Prize, the Frank Nelson Cole Prize for Number Theory, the Joseph L. Doob Prize, the Leonard Eisenbud Prize for Mathematics & Physics, and the Leroy P. Steele Prizes.
- The MAA will award the Chauvenet Prize, the Euler Book Prize, the Robbins Prize, Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo Awards for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, and the Yueh-Gin Gung and Dr. Charles Y. Hu Award for Distinguished Service to Mathematics.
- The AWM will present the Louise Hay Award for Contributions to Mathematics Education, the M. Gweneth Humphreys Award for Mentorship of Undergraduate Women in Mathematics, the AWM-Microsoft Research Prize in Algebra and Number Theory and the AWM-Sadosky Research Prize in Analysis.