Child Care Grants
The AMS and the MAA will provide approximately 100 reimbursement grants of US\$200 per family to help with the cost of child care for registered participants of JMM. The funds may be used for child care that frees a parent to participate more fully in the 2021 Virtual JMM. Registration for the JMM and membership in the AMS or MAA is required to apply for this program.
To apply, please follow these instructions:
- Login to MathPrograms.org as a Program applicant (click on “as Program applicant”).
- If you do not already have a MathPrograms account, you need to create one. To create an account, fill in your email address, create a password, and check the box that says “this is my first login, please create an account for me”, then click the “login” button. A login token will be sent to the email address provided. Please check your email.
- Once you receive the token, come back to the applicant login screen and cut and paste the token into the text field to create a new account. This should be done within 24 hours of receiving the token.
- Once you are logged in, fill in the cover sheet and submit it. In the cover sheet and the application, please ignore any instructions regarding letters of reference, since none are required for this program.
- Click on View Programs and look for "Special Programs, Joint Mathematics Meetings”. This will bring you to the "2021 Joint Mathematics Meetings Child Care Grants". Click “Apply" and follow the directions from there.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis until October 23.
Final decisions on recipients will be made on or before November 13. All grant funds will provided in the form of a check mailed or dispersed electronically via a funds transfer during the dates of the JMM. Details on this process will be sent to all recipients before the meeting, but please note that each recipient will be required to submit a completed W-9 form prior to the meetings to receive these funds. Please note that all recipients are solely responsible for arranging child care. They may use this grant for child care expenses related to any form of child care. This gives them the freedom to use these funds in the way that is most useful to their families.
For more information on this program, please contact Melissa Colton or the AMS Meetings and Conferences Department.