Joint Mathematics Meetings Invited Addresses
Current as of Friday, August 7, 2020 03:30:06
Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
- January 6-9, 2021 (Wednesday - Saturday)
- Meeting #1163
Brian D Boe, AMS firstname.lastname@example.org
Hortensia Soto, MAA email@example.com
NOTE: The following material has been posted
without being proofread in order to provide you with
the most current information.
Links to abstracts will be available approximately two
weeks (for sectional meetings) to six weeks (for national
meetings) after the abstracts deadline.
- Linda J. S. Allen, Texas Tech University, Modeling of Viral Zoonotic Infectious Diseases from Wildlife to Humans. (AMS-MAA)
- Trachette Jackson, University of Michigan, Turning cancer discoveries into effective treatments with the aid of mathematical modeling. (MAA-AMS-SIAM Gerald and Judith Porter Public Lecture)
- Amie Wilkinson, University of Chicago, Title to be announced. (AMS-MAA)
- Douglas N. Arnold, University of Minnesota, Title to be announced.
- Ryan Hynd, University of Pennsylvania, The Hamilton-Jacobi equation, past and present.
- Ciprian Manolescu, Stanford University, Khovanov homology and surfaces in four-manifolds. (AMS Maryam Mirzakhani Lecture)
- Andrea Nahmod, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Propagation of randomness under the flow of nonlinear dispersive equations.
- Karen E. Smith, University of Michigan, Title to be announced. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture I)
- Karen E. Smith, University of Michigan, Title to be announced. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture II)
- Karen E. Smith, University of Michigan, Title to be announced. (AMS Colloquium Lectures: Lecture III)
- Lenka Zdeborova, Institut de Physique Theorique, Title to be announced. (AMS Josiah Willard Gibbs Lecture)
- Xinwen Zhu, California Institute of Technology, Title to be announced.
- Michael Dorff, Brigham Young University/ MAA, Title to be announced.
- Nathan Kaplan, University of California, Irvine, Codes from polynomials over finite fields.
- Heather M. Russell, University of Richmond, Reconfiguring graph colorings. (MAA Lecture for Students)
- Angela Sheffield, National Nuclear Security Administration, Next-generation AI: We're pushing AI beyond ML – and we need your help.
- Stephanie Singer, Hatfield School of Government, Portland State University and Verified Voting, Detecting anomalies in the 2020 election.
- Chelsea Walton, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Navigating Collaboration.
- Dana Bartosova, University of Floriday, Interactions between dynamics and algebraic operation. (ASL)
- Anton Bernshteyn, Georgia Institute of Technology, Descriptive combinatorics and distributed algorithms. (ASL)
- Gabriel Conant, University of Cambridge, Title to be announced. (ASL)
- Barbara Csima, University of Waterloo, Understanding Frameworks for Priority Arguments in Computability Theory (ASL)
- Russell Miller, Queens College and CUNY Graduate Center, Computable Structure Theory with Noncomputable Structures (ASL)
- Christian Rosendal, University of Illinois at Chicago, Groups with bounded geometry. (ASL)
- Charles Steinhorn, Vassar College, Asymptotic and multidimensional asymptotic classes of finite structures. (ASL)
- Talitha Washington, Howard University, Leveraging Data Science at HBCUs to Advance Innovation (NAM)
- Thaleia Zariphopoulou, University of Texas at Austin, Title to be announced. (SIAM)