AMS Website Scheduled Maintenance Notice
The AMS website will not be available on Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 6:00am through 8:00am Eastern Time due to system maintenance. JMM registration will not be available during this down time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For questions please contact AMS Customer Service at email@example.com or (800) 321-4267 (U.S. & Canada), (401) 455-4000 (Worldwide).
Joint Prize Session
In order to showcase the achievements of recipients of the various prizes, the AMS and MAA are co-sponsoring this event at 4:25 pm on Thursday. A cash bar reception will immediately follow. All participants are invited to attend.
- The AMS, MAA, and SIAM will announce the JPBM Communications Award winner.
- The AMS, MAA, and SIAM will award the Frank and Brennie Morgan Prize for Outstanding Research in Mathematics by an Undergraduate Student.
- The AMS and SIAM will announce the Norbert Wiener Prize in Applied Mathematics.
- The AMS will announce the Levi L. Conant Prize, Mary P. Dolciani Prize for Excellence in Research, AMS E.H. Moore Research Article, AMS David P. Robbins Prize, AMS Ruth Lyttle Satter Prize in Mathematics, the Leroy P. Steele Prizes, and the Oswald Veblen Prize in Geometry.
- The MAA will award the Chauvenet Prize, the Euler Book Prize, Deborah and Franklin Tepper Haimo Awards for Distinguished College or University Teaching of Mathematics, and the Yueh-Gin Gung and Dr. Charles Y. Hu Award for Distinguished Service to Mathematics.
- The AWM will present the Louise Hay Award for Contributions to Mathematics Education, the M. Gweneth Humphreys Award for Mentorship of Undergraduate Women in Mathematics, and the Birman Prize in Geometry and Topology.
See a video of this session here: