Travel and Transportation Information
This meeting will take place at the John B. Hynes Veteran’s Memorial Convention Center (Hynes) at 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115, with some events taking place at the Sheraton Boston at 39 Dalton St, Boston, MA 02199 and at the Marriott Copley Place, 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116. The Hynes Convention Center, the Sheraton Boston, and the Marriott Copley Place are connected via the Prudential Center shopping mall complex. Boston is on Eastern Standard Time.
We strongly recommend that anyone who is traveling via air or train purchase refundable tickets or get trip insurance to cover any unforeseen cancellations.
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is located within 10 miles of the Hynes and is served by all major airlines. See an interactive map of the airport here. Massport provides complimentary shuttle bus service between the airline terminals at the arrival levels, Airport Station (the subway station, called the "T"), the Rental Car Center, the Water Transportation Terminal, and Economy Parking. This shuttle bus service operates seven days per week, and buses run every 5-6 minutes and stop at curbside on the lower level (the arrival level, near baggage claim) of each terminal. All shuttle buses are wheelchair-lift-equipped. See more information here.
Ride App (Uber/Lyft): All the ride-app companies pick up from Central Parking, near Terminal C. After picking up your baggage, follow the signs to Central Parking and the designated ride-app pickup location. Ride app drop-offs also take place at Central Parking except between 4:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., when their vehicles may enter the lower level terminal curbs. Persons with disabilities will have the choice to be picked up or dropped off at the accessible locations in the terminal curb area. See more information here.
Taxi Service: Taxis are available at each terminal on the arrival level outside baggage claim, with the exception of Terminal C. At Terminal C, the taxis are located on the Ground Level of Central Parking, which is close to Terminal C. Taxi fares are currently approximately US\$45-US\$50 from Logan Airport to Sheraton Boston, which is adjacent to the Hynes Convention Center. It is recommended that you ask the taxi driver for a receipt showing the driver's name, company, and amount paid. All prices are subject to change.
Rental Cars: All major rental car companies have offices at the consolidated Rental Car Center at Logan. Take the free Massport shuttle bus to the rental car center. To return a vehicle, follow signage at the airport marked "Rental Car Center.” See more information here.
Driving Directions to the Hynes Convention Center
From Logan Airport: Get on I-90 West from Transportation Way. Continue on to I-90 W. Take exit 131 toward Brighton/Cambridge. Keep left, follow signs for Boston and merge onto I-90 E. Use the right two lanes to take exit 133 toward Prudential Center/Copley Square. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Prudential Center, and merge onto Huntington Avenue. Take Belvidere St. to Dalton St. The Convention Center should be on your right.
From other points, go to Google Map and enter your starting point.
The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA, known locally as the "T") is Boston's public transit system. It includes the subway system, buses, boat/ferries, and the commuter rail. Please refer to mbta for information, schedules and maps. All subway trips are US\$2.40. Local bus one-way fare is US\$1.70. See more information about fares here.
From Logan Airport to the Hynes Convention Center/Sheraton Boston by Public Transportation
- Via the MTBA (Silver Line Buses): The Silver Line Rapid Transit Bus SL1 stops at all terminals and goes to South Station. The Silver Line is free from Logan Airport to South Station, and operates from 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. seven days a week. It has room for luggage and is handicapped accessible. To travel from South Station to the Convention Center, or the Sheraton and Marriott, see the directions from South Station below.
- Via the MBTA (Subway): Board the free Massport shuttle bus (Route 11, 22, 55, 66, or 88), which stops outside the baggage claim area of all terminals, and get off at the Blue Line Airport "T" Station. Take an inbound Blue Line train to Government Center. Change at Government Center to an outbound Green Line. Board the Green Line "E" train ("Arborway/Heath Street") and exit at Prudential Station. Enter the Prudential Center Mall, go up the escalator, turn left and proceed down the Belividere Arcade to the end, where you will see a Dunkin Donuts. There will be a garden on your right most of the way. Go past Dunkin Donuts (turning slightly left) into Hynes Court. The entrance to the Hynes is just past Dunkin Donuts. The entrance to the Sheraton is to the left of the entrance to the Hynes. To go to the Marriott Copley Place, go straight instead of turning after you go up the escalator, and look for the signs to the Marriott Copley Place. Turn right at Central Court. The Marriott is on the other side of the glass bridge to Copley Place.
Instead of the “E” Green Line train, you may also board either the Green Line "B", "C", or "D" trains to the Hynes Convention Center stop. Turn left as you leave the subway, and left again at Boylston Street. The Hynes and the Prudential Tower will be straight ahead. Turn right at Dalton Street to go to the Sheraton.
From the Boston Train Stations to the Hynes Convention Center and the Sheraton Boston:
There are usually taxis waiting near the train stations. To take public transportation, please refer to the following directions:
- Back Bay Station (Amtrak's Acela and Regional trains, MBTA Commuter Rail and the "T" Orange Line): Exit the Back Bay station onto Dartmouth Street. Cross Dartmouth Street and enter the Copley Place Mall (to the left of Neiman Marcus entrance). Go up the escalator and walk straight through the Copley Place Mall to the Marriott Copley Place. To get to the Hynes Convention Center, cross the glass footbridge connecting the Marriott to the Prudential Center Mall, and walk through to the Center Court. Go straight through the Center Court down the Prudential Arcade and turn right at the end of the arcade at the Dunkin Donuts as you enter Hynes Court. The entrance to the Hynes is to the left of the Dunkin Donuts. The entrance to the Sheraton is near the entrance to the Hynes.
- North Station (Amtrak's Downeaster trains, the MBTA Commuter Rail, "T" station for Orange and Green Lines): Take the outbound Green Line "B", "C", or "D" trains to the Hynes Convention Center stop. Exit the subway turning left towards Boylston Street. Turn left again at Boylston Street and the Hynes will be straight ahead. It is also possible to take the Green Line "E" train ("Arborway/Heath Street") to Prudential station, and enter the Hynes through the Prudential Center Mall. When you enter the mall, take the escalator up and at the top turn left into Belvidere Arcade. Go straight to the end until you see Dunkin Donuts. The entrance to the Hynes is just past Dunkin Donuts. The entrance to the Sheraton is to the left of the entrance to the Hynes.
- South Station (Amtrak's Acela and Regional trains, MBTA Commuter Rail and the "T" Red Line, also the bus terminal): From the South Station bus terminal or train station, go to the Red Line subway "T" entrance. Take an outbound Red Line train toward "Alewife" to the Park Street station. At Park Street, change to the outbound Green line "B", "C", or "D" trains to the Hynes Convention Center stop. Exit the subway turning left, and turn left again at Boylston Street. The Hynes will be straight ahead and the Sheraton to the right down Dalton Street. You can also take the outbound Green Line "E" train to Prudential Station. (See directions from North Station.)
Hynes Auditorium Parking Garage, 50 Dalton St., 617-247 8006. Rates are currently US\$11 for the first ½ hour; US\$16 for an hour, up to a US\$40 maximum for 10 to 24 hours. Early Bird Special is US\$25 (arrive by 9:00 a.m. and leave by 6:00 p.m.)
Prudential Center Parking Garage, 111 Huntington Avenue and 800 Boylston Street, Boston, MA, 02199, 617-236-3060, There is a discounted rate with a US\$10 purchase from any store, restaurant, cart or kiosk at Prudential Center (except Frette). The sales associate must validate your ticket. With the discount, parking is US\$15 for up to 4 hours and US\$20 from 4 to 5 hours. After that, daily rates apply. The daily rate for parking from 2 to 24 hours is currently US\$44. All parking rates are subject to change.
Please see the hotel page for information about parking at the JMM hotels.