New Orleans is on Central Standard Time. Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) in Kenner, Louisiana, is located approximately 15 miles north of the French Quarter in New Orleans and is served by all major airlines.
The official airline for
the meeting is United Airlines. Participants are encouraged to book their flights for the meeting, where possible, with United
or United Express and receive special pricing on scheduled service to New Orleans on applicable carriers. Book your airline reservation with United by calling the toll free reservation line (1-800-521-4041) or going through your preferred travel professional. Please be sure to reference the Meeting ID / Tour Code 586XQ. Reservation agents are available Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (ET) at 1-800-521-4041. The specialized meeting reservations center will be closed on all major holidays.
Special pricing includes:
- 5% off Published Fares - a percentage discount off published fares for qualifying travel in or between the domestic 48 States, Hawaii and Canada when the tickets are purchased subject to all restrictions and rules applicable to the fare purchased and issued in the United States; see table below for other discounts available with over 30 days advance ticketing.
DOMESTIC-US 48 states, Hawaii & Canada
|Booking Class Discount Account Code All Classes (F,J,A,C,D,Y-L) - 5%
|Over 30 Days Advance Ticketing
- 5% Percent Discount off united.com bookings. Not applicable for discounts off internet only fares. Applicable for US/Canadian locations only.
Additional benefits are:
- Mileage Plus® miles - Each Mileage Plus member will receive full credit to their account for all their miles flown when attending this meeting.
- Special Discounts on Car Rentals with Hertz - Hertz will offer, to participants of the Joint Mathematics Meetings, discounts of up to 20% off the applicable rental rates plus unlimited mileage when reservations are made in conjunction with United Airlines air reservations. To make reservations with Hertz and take advantage of this discount, call 888-444-1074 or to go www.Hertz.com. Please make sure you reference use Hertz Discount number CV# 022Q4813. See other rental car options below.
Available seven days a week, Advance Check-In luggage delivery services will transfer your luggage from the Airport to your hotel. Enjoy New Orleans while leaving behind the worry of carrying around your luggage. More information here
Traveling from the Airport
To depart the New Orleans airport, head to the lower level baggage claim area, unless you are planning to take the city bus which departs from upper level entrance #7.
SPECIAL!! Motion Transportation LLC: Motion Transportation LLC is offering Joint Mathematics Meetings participants a special offer of US$30 per person round trip, and US$15 per person one way from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Reservations can be made by going to their website, www.motiontransportation.com , or by calling 504-390-3567 and mentioning group code JMM-2011. To reserve online, proceed as follows:
- Go to www.motiontransportation.com
- Click on "JMM" button
- Fill in information that is requested and if necessary reference "JMM-2011"
- Once page is complete, hit the submit button.
- You will receive a confirmation page.
- Other information: For arrival, participants with reservations will be met by a greeter (holding a sign with "JMM") in the baggage claim area. For departure, participants will need to make arrangements to be picked up two hours prior to their plane departures.
- If questions, call 504-390-3567
Airport Shuttle: Airport Shuttle, (866-596-2699, 504-522-3500, www.airportshuttleneworleans.com) is the official ground transportation provider for the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Shuttle service is available from the airport to the hotels for US$20/per person, one-way, and US$38/per person, round-trip. The first three bags per passenger are free. Travelers must provide their own child car seats or booster seats. Advance reservations are required 48 hours prior to travel for all ADA accessible transfers. Please call well enough in advance for the specially-equipped shuttle to be reserved.
Ticket desks are located on the lower level in the baggage claim area. After you have retrieved your luggage, proceed to the Airport Shuttle Ticket Desk, across from baggage claim areas 3, 6 and 12. The desk is staffed from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. After 11:00 p.m. you can purchase a one-way cash ticket from any driver on the loading dock outside of baggage claim area 6, and the driver will provide you with a receipt, if needed. Service is available on a continuous basis with vans departing approximately every 30 minutes. Airport Shuttle vans are white with yellow lettering with "Airport Shuttle" and the phone number 522-3500 on the side. Return trips are best reserved at least 24 hours prior to your flight.
Top of page
Taxicabs: A cab ride to the Central Business District or the French Quarter costs approximately US$33 for one or two persons and US$14 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pickup is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage.
Bus/Public Transit: The Airport-Downtown Express E-2 Bus picks up outside airport Entrance #7 near the Delta counter on the upper (second) level. In the median, look for the sign and bench. Take the E-2 Bus to Carrollton at Tulane. At Carrollton and Tulane, on the corner by the Burger King, transfer to the #39 Tulane Bus. The #39 will take you to Canal Street at Saratoga. Walk to the middle of Canal Street and wait for the #47-48 Canal Streetcar going toward the river. The Marriott, the Sheraton, the JW Marriott, and the Astor Crowne Plaza are all on Canal Street. There is a streetcar stop about every other block on Canal Street near the French Quarter; get off at Canal and Bourbon Streetreet for the Astor Crowne Plaza, Canal and Chartres for the JW Marriott and at either Canal at Chartres or Canal and Decatur for the New Orleans Marriott and the Sheraton New Orleans. For further information and schedules: E-2 Bus: www.jeffersontransit.org. New Orleans city bus routes: go to www.norta.com, call 504-248-3900 or send email to email@example.com . The current fare for the Airport-Downtown Express (E-2) is US$2. The fareboxes will accept US$1, US$5, US$10, US$20 dollar bills and all US coins, and will provide change in the form of a value card that can be used for future fares. The New Orleans city bus fares are currently US$1.25; senior citizens with valid ID, US$0.40, transfers are 25 cents.
Driving directions to the hotels: Go east on Jerome S. Glazer Airport Access Road toward Airport Access Road (Jerome S. Glazer Airport Access Road turns into Airport Access Road). Take the ramp onto I-10 E. At exit 234 take the left lane toward Poydras Street/Superdome. Stay straight to go onto Poydras Street Take a left on Camp Street, and continue to Canal Street to go to the Sheraton, take a right on Canal, the hotel is straight ahead on your right. To go to the New Orleans Marriott, take a right on Canal Street, get into the left-hand lane and make a small U-turn. You will be in front of the Marriott. Continue a few blocks past the Marriott to get to the Astor Crowne Plaza at Canal and Bourbon Street. To go to the JW Marriott, after you take a left on Camp Street, go three blocks to Common Street, and turn left again. The motor lobby entrance is located on the right at 611 Common Street between Camp Street and St. Charles Avenue.
The car rental agencies are located on the lower level of the airport. Avis is the official car rental company for the Joint Mathematics Meetings in New Orleans. All rates include unlimited free mileage. Rates do not include any state or local surcharges, tax, optional overages, or gas refueling charges. Renters must meet Avis's age, driver, and credit requirements. For the best available rate and to make a reservation, please call Avis at 800-331-1600 or go online at http://www.avis.com. Please use the Avis Discount Number J098887.
Top of page
Valet parking only with some height restrictions is available at the New Orleans Marriott, Sheraton New Orleans, JW Marriott, and the Astor Crowne Plaza. Please see the hotelpage for details. Some other options for parking are:
- Premium Parking Service, Iberville Garage, 716 Iberville Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, 504-522-5975, www.premiumparkingservice.com/index2.shtml. Cost: 0 - 2 hours - US$9, 2 - 3 hours - US$11, 3 - 10 hours - US$13, 10 - 24 hours - US$20. Price includes valet service and 24-hour access. See website for details.
- Central Parking System, 365 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, (504) 525-7275, www.parking.com. 365 Canal is a flat lot and there is a kiosk where you can purchase parking. Cost: 3 hours - US$15; 12 hours - US$25. See website for details.
Please go to http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/transportation/gettingaround/parking.html for general information about parking in downtown New Orleans.
Public Transportation around New Orleans
Information on public transportation in New Orleans is at www.norta.com (see above for phone and email contact information); check this site for the latest bus and streetcar schedules, maps and fares. New Orleans has three historic streetcar routes: the St. Charles Avenue Line, the Canal Street Line and the Riverfront Line.
The St. Charles Line (Rt. 12) runs down St. Charles from Canal Street to Claiborne Avenue, going past Tulane and Loyola Universities, the Garden District, and Audubon Park. Canal Street has two lines. Rt. 47 Canal-Cemeteries travels the length of Canal Street, starting at the river and ending at City Park Avenue near Greenwood Cemetery. Rt. 48 Canal-City Park/Museum starts at the Riverfront, travels up Canal Street, and ends near the entrance of the New Orleans Museum of Art. The Riverfront Line (Rt. 2) runs along the Mississippi River starting at the French Market; it stops at the riverfront on Canal Street near the Aquarium, and ends near the New Orleans Convention Center.
For the best value, consider VisiTour Passes offering unlimited rides. A one-day pass is US$5 and can be purchased on a bus or streetcar. Three and five day passes are also available.
Top of page